2/10/12

Weight

I eat out.  A lot.  I eat out every day for lunch, and once in awhile I'll eat out before work or after.  I have been feeling it lately, and not just in the way my clothes fit me; I've been getting increasingly sick of fast food.  It's the same thing, over and over again.  I've tried halving my portions.  I've tried cutting out sides entirely.  Nothing sticks; it's an addiction.

I went though my closet today and tried on all my t-shirts.  I folded and stored seven of about 15 because they fit me too snugly around the middle.  I don't want to look like a pear on legs.  But that doesn't fix anything.  Eating better and getting some for-real exercise will.  My neighbor, Amanda, has been pestering me (in a good way) to start running again.  Laziness is my biggest enemy, on all fronts.

I fixed a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.  It's the first time I've fixed one in YEARS.  I simply didn't want to be bothered.  A good friend suggested using Pam cooking spray on the griddle side (THANK YOU!) and it was fantastic.  Easy, tasty, and loads better than dropping by Braum's or Whataburger.  Add in a side of chips (put on a plate, not out of the bag) and it was a suitable meal.  Not just me mindlessly eating because it's there in front of me.  The next goal is figuring out a steady way to eat during the work week.  Then comes... vegetables.  And actually healthy meals.  Just because dinner tonight was better than what I've been eating doesn't mean it will continue to be counted as a success.

I want to be able to wear those clothes again.  I see pictures of myself before I left the country and know I'm halfway there from my returning weight.  I can't do that.  Not again.


1 comment:

Fliff said...

You can do it Rhys! I know its a lot of work, but it helps if you plan meals in advance. Also, they also have a TON of single serving steamable meals in the frozen food section at Wal-Mart that are actually really tasty and leave you feeling pretty full. Something else I do, when I don't feel like cooking, is stock up on frozen veggies, which can be steamed in the microwave, and precooked chicken. So for Dinner you can have pasta or rice and meat and veggies on the side, made all in the right size portions, that way you get a balanced meal and don't overeat, and you can take the steamable food to work for lunch, with a side of fruit or small bag of chips or something. Plus, throwing veggies and chicken in a skillet with different types of sauces and pastas keeps cooking time down to about 10 minutes or less, so you don't spend forever in the kitchen or dirty a lot of dishes.

Just some thoughts and things that have helped me. I was up to 142 about this time last year and I am now down to 123. :D