3/23/08

Faith and Following

I attended a Catholic service tonight for the first time. Not only was it an Easter service, but my good friend Mark was confirmed. He has searched for some time and it is pleasing to see him find a home after so much work and study. His ceremony also got me back in a church pew for the first time in a long time.

Many aspects of my life are wearing thin and fraying and it is very apparent that my lack of connection with God has helped accelerate this. I have lost contact with Him and barely even pray anymore. Although tonight's service felt a bit more disconnected than usual (Catholic services are more traditional and less...lively? I dunno, definitely not what I'm used to) it did awaken the need for fellowship.

I have not been a good example for my wife to look to. A husband is to be a model for his household and I have been lacking. I have also let things interfere with my relationship with God and overshadow the #1 priority in my life. I will be changing that immediately.

On a lighter note, I saw some surprise faces at the ceremony. Old friends, acquaintances, and at least one person who surprised me by knowing who I was. It was a good evening.

I give thanks to God for His continued blessings and for always welcoming me back with grace.

No comments: