3/5/08

Funk

I've found myself in a bit of a funk lately.

I got up at 5:00 AM on Monday to take Indi to the airport. I dropped her off, came home, couldn't really sleep...tossed a bit and went into work at 10:00. Came home, played a little WoW, and went to be at about 10:00 PM. Slept for 12 hours. All week I've been sleeping 10-12 hours a night, getting up later than I normally do in the mornings. I've been pretty lethargic and a little snappish at folks, I get emotional at the smallest things, and there are times I feel utterly and hopelessly depressed.

I did spend some time with friends, and that time goes well, but once it's just me again, I slump.

Is this because my wife is in another state? Honestly, I hope not. If I've placed all of this happiness into our relationship I've lost myself. I do miss her, but I shouldn't feel so empty. I have come home, had a beer, listened to classical music, and tried to whittle the hours away. There are some things to be done, I could be cleaning or organizing or something but I don't have the motivation to really do much.

The easy answer is to call someone and hang out. But I think that's masking the problem, as I'm fine around people it's when it's just me that there's an issue. I did dig the chess board out and set it up last week, but of course that's a two person game. I don't feel like watching any movies or playing any games. Just blah.

I'll blame the weather for now.

No comments: