7/8/10

Tired

One thing I’ve noticed since being home is my tendency to be tired more often. At first I likened it to ‘having’ to be awake via an alarm rather than just waking up on my own…and I do think that has SOMETHING to do with it…but as I examine how my life has changed and what my daily routine looks like, I know there is more to it.

I am working an 8-5 schedule right now. Getting up at 6:00 AM has never come naturally to me, and it probably never will. I drink coffee all day at work (I loves it so) and I’m sure the lack of caffeine in my system by the time I wake up drags me down. My diet has gotten worse, and although it’s not where it was when I left last year…it’s definitely not where it was when I first got home, either. I am not exercising at all, not even taking walks in the evening. You have to spend energy to have energy, right?

My lethargy and daily morning disappointment in life in general has to be coming from these things. My daily grind has to be altered; I’m setting myself up for failure out of convenience and habit. There’s a walking path RIGHT HERE NEXT TO THE OFFICE that I’ve never truly used. I can bring shorts/tank in a backpack daily so I don’t get my normal clothes all terrible. I can stop drinking coffee (at least cut myself off, not drink 4-5 cups a day) and substitute it with some good ol’ WATER. I can stop eating such heavy foods and re-focus my efforts on controlling my portion sizes. I also gotta stop eating so FAST.

I live in a great part of town now. I can walk to many places, but still I hop in the truck. STOP. Go for a walk. Take your camera. Enjoy things instead of passing by them in a hurry to accomplish your tasks. Be patient with your time. Force yourself up early enough to take a stroll before preparing for work, that way it’s not a race.

No comments: